Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Finally Finishing the August Card Show Pickups: Inspired by Bloggers

I couldn't really tell how to fit these cards into a theme, so here they are. Miscellaneous cards.

As you can see, I couldn't really figure out to fit them onto the scanner.
Most of these pickups are actually inspired by bloggers.

The Sewing Machine Guy is completing this magic relic set, and reading about the scarcity of these relics made me pick this card up. It was $1 and it's an eBay 1/1, so I'm pretty sure that quality covers the cost.

I picked up the Fred McGriff for SpastikMooss over at The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame, so I hope he doesn't have it yet.

Some guy was selling his Kobe stuff 50% off, and I figured I should have a rookie card of one of the best players ever (even though it was the very cheapest one).

The Brandon Jennings auto is numbered to 149 and set me back $4. The Gold Standard cards are really nice and aren't holding much value, so I'd recommend picking up a card of your favorite player. I bought this card from some guy who always busts cases of what turn out to be terrible products in terms of value. For some reason he busted half a case of Totally Certified and hit almost nothing... if he had bought the whole case the video card would have paid for half the case anyways....

I really hate my scanner... here are three Bowman Beaters that were inspired by a long-ago post by dayf over at Cardboard Junkie. Although the post only came three months ago, I believe the post precedes his pony infatuation. 

1 comment: